A general explanation of the Privacy Statement simply confirming that it relates to how we will use the personal data we collect.
- Collecting personal information
Subject to your consent we may collect and store your personal details via our website, stores, social media and promotional events
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information that you provide to us when registering with our website (including your email address, phone number & address)
- information that you provide to us when signing up to any distribution lists to receive correspondence from us
- information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services, including any other transaction details made via any of our websites (including your address, telephone number and payment details)
- Using personal information
Personal data we receive will be used for the purposes it was provided, to assist us in completion of a successful service to you, including but not limited to:
- meet the terms of your order
- enable your use of the services available on our website
- send you goods purchased through our website
- supply to you, services purchased through our website
- send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you
- send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it, however have the option to opt-out at any time if you no longer require the newsletter.
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users, where those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information.
- Disclosing personal information
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our staff, agents, suppliers or subcontractors where it would be reasonable to do so. If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing.
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies where it would be reasonable to do so. (If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing)
- We may be legally obliged to disclose your personal information
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information
- Third Parties, the following companies receive your personal data for the reasons listed
- MailChimp, user interaction & experience, web data capture, product marketing, customer awareness, email newsletter, social media contact
- Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide or sell your personal information to any other third parties.
- Security of personal information (website and server(s))
- we will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- we will store all the personal data you provide on our secure servers.
- all details of financial transactions entered via our website will be protected by encryption technology.
- hosted by Brixley
- purpose built security building (security fencing, blast proof windows / doors)
- CCTV 24hr surveillance
- 24/7 security guards
- biometric access
- Your rights
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, via a Subject Access Request
- Upon receipt of such a request we will, after confirming identity, provide all relevant data we may hold to you in the most practical format unless otherwise stipulated and reasonably possible.
- If you instruct is to no longer process your personal data we will do so within 30 days.
- If you instruct us to destroy any/all of your personal data we may hold we will do within 30 days.
- If you instruct us to cease all processing for marketing purposes we will do so within 30 days.
- You may use the unsubscribing link on the website to cease further communications.
- However, we may have to withhold any personal information that you request removal of if required to retain by law.
- Data Protection Officer
Any Data Protection issues can be directed by emailing GDPR@babol.co.uk or calling 01905 677 555 and asking for the Data Protection Officer/GDPR Representative.
The Brodit website is operated by Babol Limited who are registered with the ICO.
Should we be unable to resolve a concern you may choose to contact the ICO for guidance
Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow Cheshire. SK9 5AF. Telephone: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745. Fax: 01625 524510
Naturally this policy may change / updated in line with legislation requirements and business operational reasons. We would advise to review this document every 3 months, any changes / additions will be highlighted.